Easy Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
With Valentines Day fast approaching people are scrambling to find the perfect dinner and easy to bake desserts to woo their significant other. They want it to be special, different but not difficult and that is where we shine! We love simple desserts, okay we love all desserts but when it comes to us having to bake, simple is always better.
While some are blowing up the phones looking for restaurant reservations others have decided to take the intimate route and whip up a delicious dinner from the comfort of their own home. This sweet setting is perfect for those who want to impress on a budget and we have the perfect treat to end the night with our Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies.
The recipe is simple, the ingredients are basic but the taste, oh man the taste is out of this world. So let’s take a quick look at some of the things we will need in order to pull this off.
1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
1 1/2 c. halved strawberries
2 1/3 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c.heavy cream
Now while some of you may look at box brownie mix and scrunch your noses, to be fair we told you this was simple. For those of you who like a challenge, you can find a recipe for homemade brownies here on our site.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8”-x-8” pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with only a few moist crumbs, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan, then top with strawberries.
- Make ganache: Place chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl and set aside. Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. When bubbles begin to break the surface around the edges of the pan, turn off the heat.
- Pour the hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk constantly until the sauce is smooth. Pour over the strawberry layer.
- Refrigerate brownies until the ganache has set, about 15 minutes. Slice into squares and serve cold.
*Keep in mind that you do not want to serve these warm. Let’s just say that heat + ganache = mess!
Have you ever made this dish or something similar? If so let us know how it went in the comments below.